IVF– In vitro fertilization is an effective assisted reproductive technique. It is a boon for couples who are not able to conceive naturally. During the IVF treatment process, mature eggs will be collected from the ovaries of the women. It will be fertilized with the sperm in laboratory conditions. After fertilization, the eggs will be monitored in the laboratory for 3-4 days. Doctors will then transfer the formed embryo into the uterus for further development. Let us discuss the important dos and don’ts during this process here.
Things to do during IVF:
There are certain things that couples should do after the IVF treatment process. This will increase the chances of getting pregnant.
- Follow the directions of the doctor strictly
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Get enough sleep, do regular exercises, and manage stress
- Take medicines as per instruction
- Meet with the doctor and follow the appointment schedule
- Follow the treatment plan to improve the success rate
Things not to do during IVF:
There are certain things that the woman should not do during the IVF treatment process.
- It is important to avoid smoking and drinking. This will impact the conception chances negatively.
- The woman should not engage in strenuous activities. This will put a strain on the body and the pelvis region. Do simple exercises like yoga and walking.
- Do not skip meals. This will affect the success rate of the pregnancy.
Is it possible to yield a healthy baby through IVF?
For the IVF procedure, only healthy sperm and eggs are chosen for fertilization. Thus, the chances of having a healthy baby are higher.
The cost of IVF procedure in India:
Couples who suffer from infertility issues visit IVF clinics to join the journey of parenthood. It is one of the best treatments for,
- Blockage in the fallopian tubes
- Damaged fallopian tubes
- Problems in ovulation (release of eggs from the ovary)
- Uterine abnormalities
The IVF package cost is also within the budget of people. The best infertility clinics offer affordable price plans. They give the price breakdowns to avoid hidden charges. The best infertility center, like Birla Infertility & IVF, offers three packages for IVF treatment.
- One cycle IVF package: IVF treatment levies financial burden on the family. Apart from the procedure, if there are extra investigations, the cost will go up more. To plan the treatment schedule, they offer an affordable IVF package cost for the clients. The one-cycle IVF package costs INR 1.4 Lakh, which includes:
- Ovum pickup
- Transfer of embryo in the uterus
- Consultations with the doctor
- Injections and stimulations
- Embryo freezing
- ICSI (if required)
- Two-cycle/Three-cycle IVF package: Some couples require two-cycle IVF. This helps them to conceive successfully. Birla Infertility & IVF renders exceptional treatment with additional lab procedures. The package includes,
- Stimulation injections
- Doctor consultation
- Hormonal tests
- Ovum pickup
- Embryo transfer
- OT charges and consumables
- Blastocyst culture
- Laser hatching
The two-cycle IVF package cost is INR 2.3 lakh, and the three-cycle IVF package cost is INR 2.85 lakh. They also offer an IUI procedure starting at the cost of INR 9500.
For the IVF treatment process to be successful, one should eat a well-balanced diet. It is good to eat food rich in antioxidants. The woman can also consume foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids. It is also advisable to avoid processed foods. Women should also lower the caffeine intake. Women should also avoid tobacco and alcohol completely.