Diamonds are known for their clear, colorless beauty. However, did you know that diamonds can also be found in every color of the rainbow? These colorful diamonds are called “fancy colored diamonds,” and they are some of the rarest and most valuable diamonds in the world.
The color of a diamond is determined by the impurities that are present in the diamond’s crystal structure. The most common impurities that cause color in diamonds are nitrogen and boron. Nitrogen creates a yellowish or brown color, while boron creates a blue color. Other impurities can also cause other colors, such as pink, red, green, and black.
The amount of impurity present in a diamond determines the intensity of its color. Diamonds with a high concentration of impurity will have a very strong color, while diamonds with a low concentration of impurity will have a more subtle color.
Fancy colored diamonds are often used in jewelry, and they can be very expensive. However, in recent years, there has been a growing interest in lab-grown diamond rings that feature fancy colors. Lab-grown diamonds are created in a laboratory under controlled conditions, and they have the same chemical and physical properties as natural diamonds. However, lab-grown diamonds are much more affordable than natural diamonds, making them a more accessible option for those who want to own a fancy colored diamond.
Here are some of the most common colors of fancy colored diamonds:
- Yellow: Yellow diamonds are the most common type of fancy colored diamond. They range in color from light yellow to deep yellow.
- Brown: Brown diamonds are also relatively common. They range in color from light brown to dark brown.
- Blue: Blue diamonds are the rarest type of fancy colored diamond. They range in color from light blue to deep blue.
- Pink: Pink diamonds are also relatively rare. They range in color from light pink to deep pink.
- Red: Red diamonds are the rarest of the rare. They are only found in a few mines in the world.
- Green: Green diamonds are less rare than red diamonds, but they are still relatively rare. They range in color from light green to deep green.
- Black: Black diamonds are not technically considered to be fancy colored diamonds, but they are still very rare and valuable. They are formed when carbon is subjected to extreme heat and pressure.
Lab-Grown Diamond Rings
Lab-grown diamond rings are a great option for those who want to own a fancy colored diamond without having to pay the high price of a natural diamond. Lab grown diamond rings are just as beautiful as natural diamond rings, and they are also very durable.
If you are considering buying a lab-grown diamond ring, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you should make sure that the diamond is certified by a reputable gemological laboratory. This will ensure that the diamond is of high quality and that it is the color you are expecting.
Second, you should be aware of the different types of lab-grown diamonds that are available. There are two main types of lab-grown diamonds: HPHT (high-pressure, high-temperature) diamonds and CVD (chemical vapor deposition) diamonds. HPHT diamonds are created under extreme heat and pressure, while CVD diamonds are created by depositing carbon atoms onto a substrate.
Finally, you should decide how much you are willing to spend on a lab-grown diamond ring. Lab-grown diamond rings can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars.
If you are looking for a beautiful and affordable way to own a fancy colored diamond, then a lab-grown diamond ring is a great option. With so many colors to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect ring to express your unique style.
Diamonds are found in every color of the rainbow, and they are some of the most beautiful and rare gemstones in the world. Lab-grown diamond rings are a great option for those who want to own a fancy colored diamond without having to pay the high price of a natural diamond. With so many colors to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect ring to express your unique style.